Klokočov is situated circa 3.5 km south of Vítkov, in the altitude of 544 m. In 1377, the village is first mentioned in Vikštejn tenure. In 1413, there is a record about Hanušek Nassen of "Glogeczendorf", a feudatory of count Přemek. Between 1377 and 1671, Klokočov remained in possession of Vikštejn barons. In 1594, an undefined dispute between Klokočov liege people and their lord, squire Nicolas Bravanský of Chobřany was solved. In 1640, the record mention a freehold farmstead, owned by Catherine Eisack of Rychnov, nee Mitrovská of Nemyšle. In 1671 - 1705, Klokočov was a free manor and together with Klokočůvek was a part of Melč domain, held by Ann Magdalene Oderská. From 1695, the Wipplar's of Ušice were tenants in Klokočov. In 1705, Klokočov became a part of Vikštejn domain again. Anthony Oderský of Lideřov sold it from Vikštejn tenure, together with Klokočůvek, as a free manor to Francis Mathias Joseph of Eiselburg in 1708, who sold it to John Wenceslaus Želecký of Počernice in 1720. He built a one-storey rectangular Baroque castle, most probably on the place of the free farmstead in Klokočov. In 1743, Klokočov tenure was acquired by Francis Charles Wipplar of Ušice, baron at Vítkov. His son, Charles Wipplar sold Klokočov to Elizabeth, baroness from Hennenberk, the daughter of the baroness Tvorkovská of Kravaře. She sold it to Charles and Francis Čejka of Badenfeld in 1803 whose son, Arnošt Otto Čejka, the knight of Badenfeld, inherited Klokočov. In 1873, Klokočov was sold to Gottlieb Hasse von Buchstein. In 1894, the village was assigned to count John Platter von den Broel and in 1916, to Charles Wieshuhn.
Klokočov was a large German village, later with a strong Czech minority. In 1869, there were 145 houses and 1,114 inhabitants; in 1900, 170 houses and 1,197 inhabitants, 9 out of them were Czech. According to the census in 1930, out of 1,170 inhabitants, 963 persons were German and 203 were Czech. Klokočov was an agricultural foothill village with a large cadaster, a farmstead and farm related industries. In 1900, the total of 1549 ha of the farmland comprised of 743 ha of the fields, 579 ha of the forest, 140 ha of the meadows, 76 ha of the pastures and 11 ha of the gardens; also 65 horses, 729 heads of bovine and 251 heads of sheep were bred in the village. The manor area was 945 ha, it involved 2 farmsteads, a distillery, 2 slate mines, a quarry and a saw mill. During the first land reform, 636 ha of the land were appropriated: 53 ha were subdivided, 566 ha were sold to the holders of remaining farmsteads and 16 ha returned to the owner. 53 ha of the courtyard were subdivided and on 66 ha, an expropriated farmstead was built. So-called "Františkův dvůr" was sold overall as an expropriated farmstead. A part of the land at Františkův dvůr was sold to the Czech settlers from neighbour Spálov who established a settlement here. Between 1924 and 1925, the farmstead belonged to the builder Vejhonek of Petřvald who did not meet terms of the land office, though. Both expropriated farmsteads were bought by the District Board of the Mining District Office of Ostrava which established a health resort for miners' children.
In the past, Klokočov used to belong to Vítkov's parsonage and later in 1640, it was added to Radkov's parsonage. In 1784, a curacy was established in Kolokočov which was upgraded to an independent parsonage in 1858. A stone church of St. Andrew was build in the village in 1807. In 1806, a one class primary school was built and between 1926 and 1938, there also was a Czech minority school. Then, Klokočov had a loan office, a co-operative store, a post-office and a railway station. The village was electrified in 1922. In the inter-war period, the strongest political party was Deutsche sozialdemokratische Arbeiterpartei (DSD), a large number of voters won Deutsche christliche-soziale Volkspartei (DCV), Bund der Landwirte (BdL) and in 1935 also Sudetendeutsche Partei (SdP). In the village, a fire society and Bund der Deutchen were operating.
Klokočov was liberated on 4th and 5th May 1945 by the Red Army advancing from Vítkov. The majority of the original inhabitants were deported and the village was newly populated. In the elections in 1946, 134 persons voted for KSČ (Communist Party), 79 for ČSD (Social Democrats), 26 for ČNS (National Socialist Party), 17 for ČSL (People's Party). After 1948, the castle in Klokočov was dramatically reconstructed for purposes of the longer-ill patients Sanatorium; therefore, it lost entirely its Baroque Mansion style . In 1950, Klokočov had 585 inhabitants. According to the census from 1st December 1970, there were 140 houses, 165 flats and 951 inhabitants. On 1st January 2000, Klokočov had 534 people.
From 1850 when Klokočov became an independent village (like other current Vítkov boroughs), it pertained to the court district Vítkov. Politically, Klokočov belonged to Opava district first, from 1855 to Vítkov district and from 1868 again to Opava district. Until 1868, Klokočůvek village (in Czech, also Malý Klokočov, in German, Klein-Glockersdorf, respectively Kleinglockersdorf) belonged to Klokočov. In 1960, Klokočůvek became a part of Jakubčovice nad Odrou village.
Klokočov - Františkův Dvůr
Vítkov region has been associated with horses almost for 50 years now. Horse breeding in Klokočov's horse-breeding farm dates from 1953. Silesia Noriker, as the name suggests, is a result of horse breeding in Silesia region; the first records date to the end of the last century when this breed was known as Silesia "track horse".
Silesia Noriker was developed from crosses between warm bloods and cold bloods: warm blood mares were covered by Noriker studs brought from Austria.
The highest horse breeders award within Czech Republic was gained by Klokočov farm for breeding of cold bloods in 1990. It was awarded the status "Selection Horse Breeding" as the only one of the similar horse farms.
Silesia Norikers from Klokočov breeding were and still are the core population of Silesia Norikers in the "Czech lands". The purposeful work has brought awards in local as well as national exhibitions. In 1991, the collection of the Silesia-noriker mares was shown at the world exhibition EQUITANA 1991 held in Essen in Germany where the mares arose over-all interest followed by an invitation on a significant exhibition HIPPOLOGICA to Berlin the same year in autumn.
However, horse breeding does not live of exhibitions. Besides the production of bred mares and stallions, 60 to 80 of draft-horses were sold for work in the forest. These horses were proved well thanks to their good qualities and a will to work.
Current recession in forest management has reduced the demand for these draft-horses. The number of horses in Klokočov were decreasing and it seemed that 100 years' breeding work will lose its importance resulting in the termination of Silesia Noriker breeding.
A significant factor for saving the horse breeding in Klokočov was involving the Silesia Noriker herds into the "Programme for saving gene reserves of locally bred livestock". Silesia Noriker and Starokladrubský horse are the only two Czech original horse breeds still successfully bred in Czech Republic.
At present, the owner of the core herd is Vítkovská zemědělská, s.r.o.agricultural company headquartered in Klokočov. It owns two stallions and 35 mares. The total number, including foals, is 75 horses.
The demand for cold blood horses of Klokočov origin has been rising and it was managed to sell horses abroad, to Slovenia and -Switzerland.
Ranch "U kulhavé sovy"
Ranč U kulhavé sovy - Gabriela Halušková
Telephone: +420 556 301 362
"Vítkovská zemědělská s.r.o." agricultural company horse-breeding farm Klokočov
Vítkovská zemědělská s.r.o.
747 47 Klokočov
Telephone: +420 556 301 403
20. 6. 2018
Day temperatures 26/30°C, around 1000m 13°C.
Night temperatures /°C.